From:
Rodney Myrvaagnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:19:14 +0400
The first time I heard it was at the Flentrop in New Bedford, MA, played by Meg Irwin-Brando. The first try blew the circuit breaker, but the second try worked. I don't remember if she withdrew stops to achieve this. No permanent damage.

A week later she played it on a larger Hutchings/Andover in Lexington, MA. No problem with that, but it was too loud for me. I got a slight headache, which is very rare for me.

Both occasions were in the early 1970s, IIRC.

> Concert announcement below.
>
> Does anyone have the story of the first time this piece was played and
> resulted in some kind of disaster to the organ? I want to pass it on
> to the Kantor...

Rodney Myrvaagnes

Please send emails to
rodneym (AT) alumni (DOT) tufts (DOT) edu
with obvious corrections.