From:
David Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:39:55 -0400
Owen Daly wrote:

> Ok, I can't help myself. I'll say it, since other makers seem unashamed
> to mention such opportunities.

Well, me too. My small Italian has been a popular item, especially for
students and small ensembles.

A number of years ago, (OK a lot of years ago) I offered a special "student
model" Flemish, single 8' with a buff, plastic jacks. Very cheap, at $3500
or there abouts. Not a single student bought one. Instead, people looking
for an inexpensive instrument would order it, and than tart it up with a
second 8', some gold banding, a second color of paint, and a nicer stand.
Savings in the end? Zero.

I did make one for a theater company's production of "Much Ado About
Nothing", and when the run was over, they resold it for the price they paid.
It was used on stage, so I had the nearly daily task of driving down to the
theater center and tuning it by Braille, as I could never find the stage
light switch.

dpj
http://www.harpsichord-man.com/