Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 15:14:44 -0600
I've never tested my daughter's absolute pitch.  I suppose it
would be "indexed" to 440 or thereabouts, but she's never
complained about other people playing out of tune, so I guess it
doesn't pain her.  But, oddly to me, when the church organist
transposes up or down to suit the choir, my daughter can no longer
sing along from a hymnal--what she hears is not what she sees.  It
must be like looking at French, and hearing Italian.  I really
have no idea.

Al Past