From:
Davitt Moroney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:42:21 -0700
Just for information, all the known pieces by
Louis Couperin are recorded on my 1983 Harmonia
Mundi recording of all the harpsichord pieces
(including a few that I now think are probably
not by him!), and also on my 1995 recording of
all 70 organ works (Radio France, Temperaments).
So there is nothing here that has never been
recorded, as far as I know.

Both sets of my CDs (7 in all) have also been
reprinted on budget label so are certainly
available.

The "Duretez Fantaisie" is a most spectacular
piece, and very clearly an organ work, not a
harpsichord work. But I suppose nothing stops
people recording it on the harpsichord if they
like it that way...

Warning: By the way, a completely false -- in
effect a modern recompositon of the work --
version of this Duretez piece is circulating, and
has even been printed in a semi official way in
the 1990s. I traced down its origins some years
ago. It was in fact composed by Antoine Geoffroy
de Chaumes in the  late1950s. It's a spurious
work.

DM

--
Davitt Moroney