Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 16:53:04 +0100
Hello everybody,

I'm new on this mailinglist and this seems the right platform to ask
a question by somebody who doesn't play the instrument but adores
the sound of the harpsichord.

Although there are more and more recordings to purchase the last
decade and my collection has grown considerable I'm still waiting
for recordings of pieces by Johann Caspar Ferdinand Fischer
(?-1746).

The cd by William Christie with Uranie and Euterpe is one of my
favourites. The only other pieces by Fischer I have is an old
tape by Neil Roberts (of a record issued by 'Klavier') and a
tape by a radiobroadcasting by WDR III ('Tage alter Musik in Herne'
1992) where Bob van Asperen played the 8th suite in D (Polumnia) and
some preludes and fugues.
The compositions are nice balanced and rather smooth, perfect tailored
for such an instrument imho.

If I'm informed correctly Fischer wrote at least 9 suites (Musikalischer
Parnassus) in two books. So eigher I've mist some records or I really
have a bad taste for harpsichordmusic.

So I would like to ask what other people think of the Christie-record
and are there other records available with compositions of Fischer.

--
** Paul Gabler ** Noord-Holland ** The Netherlands ** [log in to unmask]