From:
Borys Medicky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 1994 20:19:56 -0500
To: [log in to unmask]

Having received a few requests concerning the Fischer autograph in the
Elizabeth Edgeworth, I would like to give more information on the book,
since I finally had the opportunity to see it myself once again.

The book is the ninth volume (of 10 total) of the series Thesaurus
Musicus, Nova Series, Collection Publiee sous la direction de Paul
Raspe, Serie A:  Manuscrits (Bruxelles, 1980).  The title of this
particular volume is:  #9, Elisabeth Edgeworth, Livre de Clavecin XVII
siecle.  The book contains autographs (someone's, not necessarily the
composer's) of works anonymous, Fischer and Froberger.  Library of
Congress call number:  M 2 T516 v.9

The autograph pages begin with a title page bearing the words Elizabeth
Edgeworth Battersea(?) July 10th 1719.

On pages 12-53 are the following works of Fischer, which, comparing with
my modern edition, I find are from the Musicalisches Blumen-Buschlein
collection of 1696:

--Chaconne, G
--Preludium and Ballet, F
--Prelude, Adagio and variations, e
--Prelude, Allmand, Courante, Sarabande, Gigue, D

Six-line staves are used for all the writing, with G clefs for the right
hand and F clefs for the left.

This autograph is almost certainly not Fischer's own (otherwise, what is
Froberger doing in there?), but for those who were enquiring about one,
this may serve in its stead, since it is, hopefully, reasonably close to
the original, excepting any copying errors.

Borys Medicky   |   T H I S   S P A C E   F O R   R E N T
[log in to unmask] |              Call:  55-CHEAP

---
 ~ POW 1.1  On Trial ~