From:
Joseph Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 15:37:01 -0800
You wrote:

>And, what about the "French Overture," which was written in C-Minor,
>but published in B-Minor, and is now performed in both?  Isn't there
>a difference in the 'feel' of those two keys?  (But, if there is a
>different feel to the two keys, and if the story about Bach's allowing
>it to be published in B-Minor is correct, didn't Bach care?)
>
>Varda

Hi Varda;

We did record it a couple of years ago; I frankly don't remember the
solution to the tuning puzzle on that one. It's much later than the
Toccatas, though, and the whole game changes in those few years.
I'll review my notes to see what I came up with.  Sounded good, as I
recall.  (Forthcoming, one of these days.)

Joseph