From:
David Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:28:57 -0400
Jim Morrison wrote:

> Do you know if he uses that  instrument for his other recordings on Dorian,
> the english virginal disc perhaps, which has a very deep and unusual sound,
> from what I can tell by the online sound samples.

His Dorian recordings on the Florentine harpsichord include, but aren't limited
to, Harpsichord Music of Frescobaldi, DOR-90124; and Scarlatti Sonatas,
DOR-90103. It seems to me he did a couple of recordings with Julianne Baird on
Dorian, Songs of Love and War, and English Mad Songs and Ayres, both recordings
having a solo track or two of harpsichord. Colin also did the English Suites for
the Music and Arts label.

The recording on the Colin Booth rectangular virginal is wonderful, and the
instrument itself is marvelous, perhaps my favorite virginal.

>  Curiously, a couple of the online stores list BWV910 on this recordings as
> being in simple old f minor, sans sharp.  Anybody with the recording know of
> that's just a typo?

I would be shocked if that was a typo. If there is something that Colin Tilney
does meticulously, it's his research. And a detail like that would not go
unnoticed.

dpj
http://www.harpsichord-man.com/