From:
David Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:21:04 -0500
At 15:53 30/1/01, you wrote:
>As the Froberger workshop won't occur until July, perhaps Ed will have en=
>ough lead time to find some short-octave instruments.

I am surprised to learn that, presumably, U of M does not already possess
at least one short octave instrument.  However, C/E is not difficult to
achieve by retuning (maybe with slightly heavier strings) for the week of
the workshop.  (What one might call a "prepared harpsichord".)  Keys, once
split are presumably difficult to join together again, so that may not be a
viable option.

In fact, for the purpose of the workshop, it might not have been a bad idea
to have insisted on one short-octave "set work", for the purpose of
ensuring that everyone gets the experience of it.

david