From:
Nicholas Bunning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 22:24:11 -0400
Acis, I just came from a very nice performance of Acis and Galatea by City
Opera NYC !!  Wierd sets, sort of "The Gap meets East Hampton Beaches on a
Sunday".  I liked Polyphemus in the Plasma TV though!

Nice performance.  They used a Hitchcock-esque harpsihcord for the
recitatives and a Dowd Franco-Flemish for the genreral continuo (sounds more
"with it" than the Santa Fe opera!!)

Nick

By the way, when I played continuo in Acis in Prep School in 1978, I used a
De Blaise Model A (Cembalo Transverso)  I acually liked it!, but hey, I was
17!