From:
Daniel Pyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 1994 00:30:02 -0500
On Wed 16 Nov, Joseph Spencer asked:

>Can you give me more info on Anden Houben? Address?<

I can: I own two instruments by Ande, a 1987 copy of the 1728 Zell and a 1991
Italian modelled after Grimaldi. I am very happy indeed with each of them. At
the (in-)famous Spivey Hpschd-Building competition a few years back, Martin
Skowroneck was heard to say that his Italian (mine) and his Zell-copy (the
not being in the competition.

Anyway (I having finished my little advert), his shop address is 501 Main
Ave, Northport AL 35476, and telephone (205) 758-8471.

I quite agree with Matthew Redsell about the quality of his Lautenwerk. It is
a very different design from the ones Willard Martin has made: Martin's have
a single continuous bridge like a harpsichord, but Ande's have several short,
discontinuous bridges--corresponding to the courses on a real lute.
Unfortunately, the cost of stringing the thing in gut is a bit steep for us
poor starving professional musicians.

More info on request.

Daniel Pyle