Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:54:13 -0700
I just returned from a performance by "Musica Antiquq de Abuquerque,"  music
of Spanish composers Old and New world 15th through 18th centuries.  Very
nice.  The slab-side Zuckermann blended nicely with the viols and recorders,
but with a couple of exceptiions was generally not played with the reed
instruments (crumhorn, etc.).

It seems to me that this dichotomy is generally observed.  It is because
those respective instruments did not overlap much in time, or for some other
reason(s)?

jbunch