From:
Ervins Reinverts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ervins Reinverts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:57:40 +0300
>Have any of you checked out the MP3 sound format. It is the the sound
>portion of the MPEG video software for computer movies. The same files
>are playable on both MAC and PC computers and take less that a meg per
>minute of CD quality sound. There seems to be a lot of sharing of these
>files going on but most of it is pop stuff and a lot of it illegal. You
>could put all of the music from one CD on a single Zip disk, but
>considering the price of Zips it would probably be more economical to
>just buy your own copy of the CD.

There is more interesting approach to this here. You make mp3's of some ten
CDs, then put them all on one *single* data CD. So you get ten-CDs-in-one;
the disc that will play all the day. :))) Since there are lots of CD writers
around (for example, two in my work room), this is easy way (although I
don't have such disks).
I have some "organic" mp3's but they are from copyrighted discs and I use
them only for my pleasure when I don't have the CD handy.

Ervins.