From:
Jim Swist <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Swist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 08:33:44 EST
>The present Rodgers console is actually the 3rd console this instrument
>has had. It is reported that the first, built by Ruffatti, was very
>short-lived due to poor-quality construction and that it suffered
>numerous key contact problems. The second console, also built by
>Ruffatti, was supplied as a needed replacement of the first, and was
>doubtless of better quality.

Uh, I've been at CRPC and this building and organ can't be all that old given
the
comtemporary architecture.  It would seem that the second Rufatti console didn't
last all that long either.

At the risk of sounding parochial, why anyone would put up with the logistical
problems
of having an instrument built in Europe when organbuilding in the US and Canada
is
of equal or better quality is beyond me.