From:
Brian Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 1996 16:35:22 +0930
No doubt news will start coming through to add to David Kelzenberg's report
of Day 1 of the ATOS convention, but I am keen to know what those who
attended thought of the performances of the young organists.

Richard Hills was mentioned in an earlier post about the loudness of some
concerts as being one of three who understood that "less is more", thus
adding to his already fine reputation for so young an organist. In your
opinions, is he ready to undertake national concert tours? I was most
impressed by his performance in the Detroit convention, and I've heard
excellent reports since. A friend in Melbourne has relayed to me the very
favourable opinions about him of a couple of Australian members of ATOS who
have come home to Victoria from the convention in Pasadena.

It is good to hear of Mark Hawn's success as the 1996 overall winner, and
we in Australia would like to congratulate Susan Lewandowski and Catherine
Drummond as well.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to enlighten me. I'd love to have
been there - but it's a long, long way from Adelaide to Pasadena.

Regards to all,

Brian  (SURSUM CORDA...SOL ET SCUTUM DEUS).