Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 1994 20:17:56 PST
    _Quoting Fastcat66666666:_______________________________________
   | It would  seem that,  when Marconi  operator Harold  Bride was |
   | interviewed by newsman, he  recalled the band playing  ragtime |
   | music and then "Autumn" and then stopped.  He was most  likely |
   | referring to a waltz tune called "Songe d'Automne" which was a |
   | hit in  the London  dance halls  and roller  skating rinks  in |
   | 1911-1912 ...                                                  |
   |________________________________________________________________|

    Has  Songe  d'Automne  survived  83  autumns?    Is  there any known
recording of  this song,  say on  any anthologies  or retrospectives  of
ragtime music,  British dance  hall music,  British skating  rink music,
and/or "Titanic  Disaster music"?   Y'all  got my  curiosity going and I
would really like to hear this song.

    I  had  never  heard  of  this  song.   Being a British song, has it
perhaps  survived  on  the  British  Isles  and  is  still  known  among
contemporary  British  Commonwealth  OrganNetters?    Have  any  British
or Australian theater organists recorded this song?

-=Will=-