From:
"Paul W. Lohman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 16:24:58 LCL
In article  Daniel G Hall <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Date:         Mon, 17 Oct 1994 16:22:32 -0400
>From: Daniel G Hall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Schantz at First Baptist, Orlando,FL

>I am going to Orlando and heard that Schantz has a nice installation at
>the First Baptist Church.  Does anyone have any information about this
>organ and who the organist is?

>Thanks
>Jason McCurry

Jason,

The Schantz at First Baptist, Orlando, is 118 ranks and is situated in a very
wide but shallow chamber.

There is another large Schantz in Florida - at First Baptist, Fort Lauderdale.
 It is 110 ranks and was installed in June 1990.  If you're looking to hear
the latest work that Schantz is producing, this would be the instrument to
hear.  It was scaled and finished by Burton Tidwell, Schantz's present Tonal
Director.  The organist at the church is Paul May, and I know he would enjoy
showing you the organ.

I can provide stoplists for both of these instruments, if you like.  Perhaps
better to FAX them to you.

Have a good trip,

Paul Lohman
Paul W. Lohman