From:
Larry Chace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 13:39:24 -0500
"HI Plains <[log in to unmask]>" asked "Donald E. Singleton
<[log in to unmask]>" to post the specs of the Wanamaker organ.

To save Donald the effort of typing in or scanning in the specs, anyone who
wants them can send the following "job" to [log in to unmask] (and *NOT*
to PIPORG-L!!!!!!!!).  This will return to you the specs as posted there on
8 January 1994 by Kenneth Matthews and archived as item #4843.  Warning --
it is LONG, as befits such a large instrument, and it is given as one stop
per line.

======= Send the following lines to [log in to unmask]

database search dd=in
//in dd *
select trophy in piporg-l
print 4843
/*

======= End of stuff to send to [log in to unmask]

And just a quick note to folks planning on posting specifications.  It is
nice to have some keyword like "spec" in the subject field of your e-mail
message, but it is *REALLY* nice if the subject starts with something that
idendifies the instrument.  For example, Kenneth's posting had as its
subject the following:

Subject: Spec: Wanamaker (long)

Now, that told us it was a spec and warned us that it was LONG, but, when I
sort my saved-up mail files by subject, it gets sorted under "Spec" and not
under "Wanamaker".  Admittedly, this is a function of my e-mail program,
but it may be a typical situation for other programs as well.  A preferable
subject might be:

Subject: Wanamaker (spec, long)

Anyway, keep on posting 'em!!!  (And we'll not worry about the difference
between "specification" and "stoplist"!!!)

Larry Chace ([log in to unmask])