From:
Bill Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 04:43:43 -0500
Thanks to everyone for their help with my Morton questions, especially
Allen Miller, Art Nisson, Jim Riggs, & Dave Schutt.

The tip about pressures being scratched on tenor C pipes showed me that
this thing is on 10" left, 15" right side.

Here's the background on the organ, since ya asked --

1926 Morton 2/10 installed Saenger Theatre Mobile.  Only vox chest is a
Carlsted.  Removed about '71 to local Catholic Church (nice work), returned
& partially erected about '81 (catastrophe).  Parts scattered throughout
theater & adjoining buildings, stuff in chambers (both sides) damaged
by roof leak & plasterers.

Console pneumatics removed & console fully electrocuted when removed in '71.

Harry Heth has resurrected this thing via telephone remote control.
(Thanks, Harry!)

I'll try to get this nomenclature right --
L Con.Flute  16 8 16 8 4 3 2 16 8 4 3 2 T
L VI         8 16TC 8 4 16TC 8 4
L Clarinet   8 8 8
L VII        8 4 8 4
L Orch Oboe  8 8
R Tuba       16 8 8 8t 16 16t 8 4
R Diapason   16 8 4 8 8t 8 16t
R Tibia      8 8 8t 8 4 8t
R Kinura     8 4 8 4
R Vox        8 8 4

L Chryso     Chry Chry
L Chimes 25n Ct C
R Xylo       X X
R Orch Bells B

Pedal to..8 8
Accomp to 16 4 8
Solo to   8 16 4

Unison on/off

Tremulants:  Left, Right, Tibia, Vox

Bass Drum, Tympani (oscillating B-Dr), Cymbal, Crash cymbal, Snare,
Tambourine, Castenets, Tom, Tambourine, Sleigh Bells, Wood Block
(B-Dr, Tym, & Crash available on pedal 2nd touch, Crash on toe stud)

L=Left, R=right, TC=Tenor C, N=Magnetic North, 3=2-2/3, T=1-3/5, t=2nd touch

I'm following the original spec & chamber layout because - well, why not.
With the possible exception of the Xylophone.  Allen Miller feels the
Xylo on the Accomp is a useless stop.  So I'm moving it to the pedal.
He IS Allen Miller, after all.

So at what pressure do I set the dice boxes for the switch, relay, shades,
bells, chimes, & traps?

Name: Bill Hooper
E-mail: Bill Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 01/03/97
Time: 01:58:10