From:
"John L. Speller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John L. Speller
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 23:10:13 -0600
At 04:32 PM 1/2/97 GMT, Brian Styles wrote:
 need for a calibration
>device

This reminds me of a little calibration chart that used to circulate in the
1960's and used E. Power Biggs and Virgil Fox for the purposes of calibration:

A Low Brow was someone who had never heard of either Biggsy or Virgil
A Low to Middling Brow was someone who liked Fox but had never heard of Biggsy
A Middle Brow was someone who liked both
A Middling to High Brow was someone who liked Biggsy but had never heard of
Virgil
A High Brow was someone who had never heard of either gentleman

In those days I must have been a Middling to High Brow, because I used to
like Biggsy and not Virgil; one's sensibilities change, however, and these
days I have come if anything to prefer Virgil.  I guess I must be on the way
down ...
 ____
 |   |
 |   |