From:
Brent Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:40:20 -0400
In a message dated 97-09-06 07:36:45 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

>  Elton John - absolutely at his best & the service would not have been
>  complete without it. He is still one of the great musicians of our time.

Dear List ...

As a 38 year old stuff-shirt church musician, a teenager in the '70's and yet

could not name one hit song by Elton John (I needed a life even then :)

I must say his appearance at Diana's funeral was entirely appropriate
and yes, extremely moving.  The idea was initially a little alarming, I
admit,
but surely no one who has seen the broadcast can still object, I hope??

Brent Peterson
Organist & Director of Music
First Congregational Church
Tempe, Arizona