From:
John Ledwon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 03:31:00 UTC
Speaking about the Granada 3/8 Wurlitzers reminds me of one I played in the
Burton-on-Trent Townhall. This little Wurlitzer (3/8) sounded like 20 ranks.
Of course it has all the large scale pipe work that those instruments had.
Probably my favorite smaller Wurlitzer. Big full sound and yet the
individual voices were quite nice. I believe the organ had a Willis Trumpet
in place of a Tuba, Diaphonic Diapason, Tibia Clausa, Krumet, Violin, Violin
Celeste, Concert Flute and Vox Humana. This instrument also sported Tibia
unification through 2' and a reasonable number of stops on the Solo manual,
about 12 or 15...at least it wasn't a coupler manual as so many English 3
manual Wurlitzers were. All this in an absolutely wonderful old Victorian
hall with cast iron arches and a gorgeous wooden ceiling and wall treatment.
 The cathedral type ceiling must have been at least 40' to the peak and I
believe the hall will seat over 700. Well worth visiting when in England.

John Ledwon