From:
Michael Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2018 15:14:19 -0400
For April's pieces, I have chosen some shorter pieces which together are
priced at only $24 plus shipping. I think they are quality music, just
short. Please read below to see what is interesting to you.

Here's a short note to list members if you use AOL as your email: Please
read this announcement here on piporg-l because aol.com is now refusing
delivery of my email announcement. I had this problem fixed about 2
years ago, so something changed with them. This is not the first time,
and it may not be fixed by next month, so I suggest you get an email
account from somewhere else, say gmail ... or just read the announcement
here on piporg-l.

ORGAN SHEET MUSIC
-----------------
1. PEACEFUL WATERS by Richard Ellsasser. This programmatic gem for soft
strings and flutes is the last of the three published by R D Row in Boston.
http://michaelsmusicservice.com/music/Ellsasser.3.PeacefulWaters.html

2. LARGHETTO, by Thomas Attwood Walmisley. I have included much
information on the short life of this talented organist on the page with
this music. He was organist at St John’s and Trinity Colleges in
Cambridge at the age of 19! He had a Sunday schedule that consisted of
eight services (four morning, two afternoon and one evening) in four
locations in Cambridge. Learn more about him and see his short and
beautiful Larghetto at:
http://michaelsmusicservice.com/music/Walmisley.Larghetto.html

3. SCÈNE MILITAIRE by Herve Wilkins. You may know the name because he a
Founder of the AGO, but he wrote this piece in 1888, eight years before
the AGO began. (http://michaelsmusicservice.com/agofounders.html) This
programmatic scene depicts an army of the 19th century with its firmness
and assurance -- plenty of trumpet calls and drum sounds in the pedal!
http://michaelsmusicservice.com/music/Wilkins.SceneMilitaire.html

4. NOTTURNO NAPOLETANO, by Casimiro Dello Joio. I'm sure many of you
know the name of Norman Dello Joio; this was his father. He emigrated
from Italy to New York City and Norman was born there. Casimiro wrote a
lot of music, but this is his only organ piece. It depicts the memory of
a night in Naples, and he dedicated it to Robert Elmore.
http://michaelsmusicservice.com/music/DelloJoio.NotturnoNapoletano.html

MONTHLY DISCOUNT BUNDLE. To get the four pieces mentioned above, I offer
a special price so you can buy all of the pieces above with one click
and save money in the deal. I welcome your support, and if you don't
want to play a particular piece in the group, consider giving it to a
student or another organist.
http://michaelsmusicservice.com/music/MonthlyBundles/201804.html

Thank you all for sharing your interest in this music by playing it. I
have received no recordings for these, and I would to get yours to share
with our audience.

Cheers!
Michael
--
MICHAEL'S  MUSIC  SERVICE   4146 Sheridan Dr, Charlotte, NC 28205
704-567-1066   ** Please call or email us for your organ needs **

Note:  opinions  expressed on PIPORG-L are those of the  individual con-