From:
"(Allen Miller)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 22:11:00 UTC
Warren Miller of Buffalo passed away today after a short bout with cancer.
He would have been 70 this Friday.

While not well known, Warren was one of the crew of four who maintained and
babied the Shea's Buffalo Wurlitzer.  Also a member of Shea's Board of
Directors, Warren's presence and efforts on behalf of the organ and its use
was of great value.  Warren had made a number of donations to the organ
project, including the 1926 Wurlitzer grand piano, and provided funding for
Shea's Wurlitzer Concert Series advertising, and assistance with both
volumes of Chris Elliott's "Shuffle Off To Buffalo" CD's.

Warren brought his wealth of engineering expertise and perfectionism to the
Wurlitzer restoration project at a time when the original volunteer effort
was starting to falter, and he was determined that nothing be done to the
organ without asking questions first.  I will always be indebted to him for
his care in seeing that any job got "done right."

Always playing "Devil's advocate" and seeing the pessimistic side of any
situation, Warren was affectionately known as "gloom and doom" to all of his
close friends.  We will miss him dearly.

Warren was survived by a cousin.

Allen R. Miller