From:
Charlie Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:13:02 -0700
Yesterday, Alistair Nelson of Australia posted a "convention
roommate wanted" to PIPORG-L. I don't know if anyone has
replied favorably or not, but if not, I would like to put in
an unsolicited good word for him.

First, just a word of background: He has just completed a
B.Mus(Hons) in organ at the University of Sydney. This year
he is doing some travelling (to China, Los Angeles, and
points in-between). At the end of July, he will be attending
the Mount Royal Academy International Summer School 2004 in
Calgary, Canada.

Since he's been in Los Angeles, he has been practicing at my
two churches -- yes, on the 1965 Kramer Screechaphone and
the 1957 Stootavant with LesterTone®©™ Dynamic Audio
Accentuator!

Alistair is very industrious, taking many bus trips from
hither and yon in the area to get to my churches to
practice. And once he is there, he puts in a full day of
good, solid practice time. (One of my pastors has hinted
that I would do well to follow his example...) Anyone who
knows the frustrating logistics of relying on mass transit
in Los Angeles can appreciate his diligence even just on
that count.

Furthermore, he is very cooperative and willing to help out
-- because I play in two churches I have to leave the first
one at the sermon to get to the other one in time; they
have to rely on a MIDI device for the remainder of the
service. Alistair has been happy to remain at the first
church on the Sundays when he has been available to finish
them out; and may I say I have gotten many warm remarks of
commendation about his excellent musicianship and willing
spirit.

Finally, he's congenial and quiet -- two considerations that
I personally would consider preeminent for even a short-term
roommate.

He is here "on a budget," so I know that any assistance he
could receive in terms of accommodations would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

~

Note:  opinions  expressed on PIPORG-L are those of the  individual con-
versity at Albany.  For a brief  summary of list  commands, send mail to
[log in to unmask]  saying  GET LSVCMMDS.TXT  or see  the  web
page at http://www.albany.edu/piporg-l/lsvcmmds.html .