From:
Stephen Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 06:49:50 PDT
>From:         Stephen Bicknell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      More on Diana - Organ Content nil
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Dear Friends,
>
>To live in the heart of London at this extraordinary time is a great
>privelege, and I hope you do not mind if I share some thoughts with
you.

SNIP (I'll spare the memory space)

>However, the knowledge that human thoughts are today shared across the
>globe (all the more so now in view of the death, also, of Mother
Theresa)
>is heartening, for it is a reminder that the great majority of people,
>whatever their race or belief, wish to live in mutual respect, peace
and
>harmony.
>
>Stephen Bicknell

Thank you, Stephen.

I've just had a sleepless night awaiting the telecast, seen the entire
telecast, and have it replaying in the corner in my RealTime player. I'm
still digesting all that has happened, all that has been said (even by
the anchor-persons). I enjoyed your post. I visited London way back in
1980 before I was married (or even Charles and Diana for that matter). I
got up early on the morning of the Royal Wedding in 1981, and this
entire week has brought many thoughts to mind.

As an organist/organ-builder I have some of my interest is taken for
granted. As a member of the Anglican Use movement in the Roman Catholic
Church as a 'cradle Catholic' my feelings are mixed, but all good
feelings. (I'll probably post some more when my thoughts come more
together.) But as a changeringer - WOW - have you ever heard 20 minutes
(or more) of such well struck half-muffled Stedman Caters? Thanks to the
BBC et al for keeping the bells in the background, as well as the
Ancient Society of College Youths for the so hidden and anonymous.

It was a beautiful Memorial Service on a beautiful day.

Stephen M. Collins
Our Lady of Walsingham Anglican Use Catholic Church
Houston, Texas