From:
Rosemary Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 13:51:00 CDT
Hi-  Last year we did a performance of the Durufle' Requiem at
Northern Illinois Univ.  Roger Stanley was hired to accompany the
piece on the organ.  The Ott tracker does not have any celestes
but after some careful experimenting, he acheived a celeste by
using the Swell 8' gedect with the swell 8' gemshorn which is quite
soft on this instrument.  It did make an etherial sounding celeste
to the best of my knowledge the only time anyone ever did it here.
     We lost our choral director, Patricia Murphy, to Michigan.  We
are sorry to see her go but it was an offer she could not refuse!
     I too saw Pat Maimone's son in his PIPORG-L T shirt.  I had
been wondering who it was also.
     Northern may not quite have a world class organ dept. but we
are becomming the only one in Northern Illinois area.  We have been
consistantly running about 10 or 12 students at a time.  We do
offer Master's degree and also Performer's Certificate programs.
Richard Hoskins, in my opinion, is an excellent teacher and is
committed to his students.
     (Just a little plug!)
Rosemary  Lane                [log in to unmask]