From:
Robert Waldrop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Waldrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:45:37 -0500
Blessed are you,
God of Goodness, Sacred Heart of Jesus, Holy Spirit of Comfort,
for the Beauty of Musical Creation that you have shared with us,
in which we hear the echoes of morning stars that sing for joy.
In times of sorrow and lament, we have found healing and hope.
In times of rejoicing and glory, we have been inspired and
enriched.
When there are no words to express our innermost being,
music speaks for us.

We therefore remember with heartfelt gratitude
the life and work of the
Servant of God Johann Sebastien Bach,
father, composer, cantor and organist,
heroic exemplar of faith, musical skill and creativity.
We thank you for the gift of his life,
and for those who today bring forth music among us.

We pray for your blessing upon all musicians.
Sustain and nurture them in their musical vocations.
Open all hearts to the Wisdom and Goodness they give to us.
Raise up new generations of musicians consecrated to this Work of
Beauty
so that we, together with the communion of saints,
may continue to praise and glorify your Most Holy Name,
doing your will on Earth, as it is in heaven.
We ask these blessings,
confident in your Providence throughout all time,
in the name of the One who is Beauty Incarnate,
Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

On the memorial of Anne and Joachim, parents of the Blessed
Virgin Mary,
for the greater Glory of God and the edification of my neighbor,
Robert Waldrop, director of music and organist
Epiphany of the Lord Catholic Church
http://www.justpeace.org/hymns.htm
"The world will be saved by Beauty." (Dostoevsky)

Note:  opinions  expressed on PIPORG-L are those of the  individual con-
versity at Albany.  For a brief  summary of list  commands, send mail to
[log in to unmask]  saying  GET LSVCMMDS.TXT  or see  the  web
page at http://www.albany.edu/piporg-l/lsvcmmds.html .