From:
David Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 15:13:03 -0500
At 02:01 PM 23-05-07, Tilman Skowroneck wrote:

 >Now music. Difference: nobody - usually - starts talking music because he is
 >scared about some serious illness. The majority of people who think they
 >know all and everything about music seem instead largely to be of the kind
 >of the busibodies who just like to hear their own ranting voices.

Actually, talking asbout steering ... reminds me of a tangential
fact, that most professional musicians are more interested in talking
about stocks and shares than about music.  Somewhere I read that when
Karajan and Edward Heath had dinner together, Heath (an amateur
musician, erstwhile Prime Minister of the UK, and accomplished
yachtsman) was wanting to talk about music, and Karajan kept steering
the conversation back to yachts and sailing.

david