From:
Vincent Ho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:57:01 -0800
Being sick and bedridden for the past two months gave me a lot of things
to think about and invent, and lightning did strike..

I am starting a project, and I need someone who is a competant
harpsichord player who live in the San Francisco Bay Area, preferbaly
in the East Bay. This project can lead to public performance, and
recording.

The ideal player must be a team player, put this project in front of
other musical projects. Willing to work with me twice a week basis.
Willing to practice. Have understanding in performing basso continuo
or be able to transcribe basso continuo, vast and open mind about
harpsichord music of all eras and region, willing to learn to
transcribe or able to play from facsimile. Musicology and theory
background a plus. Public performing experience a plus but not a
must.

I do not want someone who is professional, or even semi-pro, unless
you can prove that you have absolutely no other engagements, and will
not start other engagements once you take on this project. But I do
expect someone who has four plus years of experience of playing the
instrument. Ideally that person will have no other projects on their
side. I also do not want students, as I do not want my music to be
shared even for advice purposes. There will be a good chance that
some music will be from our own hands. Any sharing without consent
automatically void your participation in the project, and can subject to
damage repreration. Finally, you must have a medium to large compass
instrument at your disposal for practice on your own.

Of course, you do not need to quit your day job.

If the project takes off, you will be properly compensated as a
percentage of the profit. This project is long term, with traveling to
perform and record a possibility.

The upside is that this project is unique, has great protential in
profit, and very very fun.

A little about me:

18 years of harpsichord playing experience.
Master degrees in music and business.
Experience in performing, directing, and productions.
My previous day job is a multinlingual computer engineer, and currently I
am working on a motorcycle related business startup.

Email me off list.

--
Vincent B. Ho  [log in to unmask]