From:
Nicholas Bunning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:05:01 -0500
One of my harpsichords has been away for a while,  and I needed to get it
back to get ready for lessons with a new teacher (poor bastard).  The
harpsichord (My Hemsch copy) came back in perfect playing shape and in
perfect tune.

For some reason ONE note kept dropping in pitch radically, and I now see the
hitchpin loop has almost totally unwound itself. (totally bizarre) and is
only now hitched by a "prayer".

there now tons of wire on the tuning pin, as I kept trying to pull it up to
pitch.

WHAT is the remedy for this one string.  I do now have any wire,   so I want
to reuse the existing string.  I nee to make a new loop,  is there an easy
way ?

Thanks

It might have something to do with a drunken clown that was jamming away on
it (some intense nasty 'blues' crap) at last weeks Halloween party,  what
can you do?