From:
Mark Janello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 18:54:42 -0400
On May 6, 2007, at 6:37 PM, turpin d'isigny-ffytche wrote:

> Can we construct a top 10 of lost works?

Monteverdi's Arianna
Schutz's Dafne
Any number of JS Bach works (last fugue from KdF, couple o' Passions,
etc.,)
200 more Baryton sonatas by Haydn (just kidding)

(I heard rumors years ago that Arianna was found, but nothing since so
I guess it was a false alarm--anyone remember this?)

Mark

p.s.  What about the works that were never written by composers that
died young?  I'm really quite crushed by the work that Purcell didn't
get to write.  I was wondering the other day what Mozart's music of
1820 might have sounded like.