From:
Rodney Myrvaagnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rodney Myrvaagnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:13:25 -0500
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:13:08 +0200, Julian Holman wrote:

>besides mice and the apparently herbicide immune solanum nigra / black
>nightshade, we do have a lot of crows in this wasteland of railyards
>wherein my sanctum stands, so I spent yesterday trekking around looking
>for their headquarters. The only real tree is a mighty poplar, and there
>were about 50 corvus corone/carrion crows in it. No nests: I assume
>th

We have fewer species in the US, but the same species behaves very
differently in different places. In Arizona, the Common Raven
(_corvus_corvus_) is everywhere, and there are no crows. The ravens are
almost tame. You can be standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon and
find a raven standing beside you , looking out on the same vista.

In Maine, the same ravens are shy. You will hear them much more often
than see them. But Maine has Common Crow and Fish Crow, ans well as
raven. Arizona has no crows.

I am not sure which place would be better for gathering plectra.

Rodney Myrvaagnes                        J36 Gjo/a

"If Brecht had directed 'Waiting for Godot,'  he would have hung a large sign at the back of the stage reading 'He's not going to come, you know. ' "   -- Terry Eagleton