From:
Mac Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:19:50 -0800
This must be the list on which to ask this question:

In the spring of 1954 what famous American harpsichord player would have
presented a program of Bach, Scarlatti, etc., at the University of
Kansas?  I knew nothing about the instrument at that time, and can't
recall the maker, beyond being fairly sure it wasn't a Challis or a
Pleyel.  Logic tells me it was probably Ralph Kirkpatrick, but were there
any other male players of similar standing?  Definitely not Fernando
Valenti.  (With my previous record of guessing, someone will probably
produce a program showing it WAS Valenti - playing a Challis.)

Mac Hayes