From:
"Cipolla, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:03:44 -0400
What was even more confusing for contemporaries was the fact that in England
Jean-Baptiste Loeillet was often confused with Jean-Baptiste Lully
(1632-1687) because of the similarity of how the English pronounced both
names!...or at least I remember reading that somewhere, perhaps in the intro
of the Heugel edition.

cheers,
pc