From:
Gesine Lohr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:19:14 -0700
Hi Claudio and all!

Really liked your post, Claudio!

I for one would love to see more discussion about how does one play,
both specific for a particular piece, and in general --

Sure, it's great to be able to listen to youtube videos and buy as
many cds or individual tracks as you can -- but that's not enough.

You can get hints on fingerings, from a tiny percent of videos, but
not from most --
and you can get hints on fingerings from listening,
but it's really helpful to get some printed stuff that lays out "here
are X systems of old fingerings", "here is printed some old scores
that included fingering notations", etc.

I think it'd be so neat if harpsichordists would comment on how they
played a piece, e.g.
"for the first 10 years I played it with modern fingering, then I
started trying old fingering and it all changed"  and give some
details.

Looking at archive dot org --
http://www.saladelcembalo.org/instruments/haney1968-74.html

scanned issues of Harpsichord magazine (you also put links to the
issues in the above article):
https://archive.org/search.php?query=harpsichord+haney&and%5b%5d=creator%3A%22hal+haney%22&sort=date

running around getting ready for a reunion gig (Hammond B3)

Gesine

ps Claudio, I just got your fingering pdf book