From:
Owen Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:39:41 -0800
I think the solution to your problem is an outer case; this will make
a HUGE difference in tuning stability, and not just during these
periods of dramatically shifting weather. The case acts as a buffer
to slow things down, and what you'll find most likely is that if you
tune the instrument at 10 a.m., say, it will be in tune every day at
10 a.m. I'm playing-in a brand-new 17th-century-style French double
right now, and it's sitting next to my front door. It makes an
enormous difference in how frequently I'm tuning if I just keep the
lid closed when I'm not playing it.

Owen