From:
HAL L HANEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:07:06 -0600
                              A CORRECTION FROM HAL HANEY

        Please forgive me for not being more academic when it comes to
requesting the address of harpsichord maker Zuckermann. Several members
have tapped me on the wrist for this. It really wasn't a trick question.
Wallace Zuckermann was always Wally to me.  When he came to the United
States, he told me he changed his name from Wolfgang Joachim Zuckermann
to Wallace to Americanize it.  Friends further Americanized it by calling
him Wally.  Dave Way (who purchased Zuckermann Harpsichord Company) was
always Dave to me even after he changed his name to D. Jaques Way.  I
knew him before the Zuckermann era when he worked for October House
Publishing Company in New York.  Margaret Ellsworth tells me he was the
mainstay of the bass section of Dave Hoople's choir in Mamaroneck where
he was always known as Dave.
        To set the record straight, I'm trying to locate the current
address of Wolfgang Joachim Zuckermann.  I received one lead from a kind
member saying...  "I could swear that years ago someone told me he was a
close relative - possibly even brother - of the famous violinist Pinchas
Zuckermann."   Wally did tell me he really preferred the violin to the
harpsichord, just as Frank Hubbard told me he would prefer making violin
bows instead of harpsichords.
        A sincere thanks to everyone who answered. The search continues.
I'm still open to any other suggestions as how to locate the creator of
Zuckermann Harpsichords.

        Cordially,
        Hal Haney

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]