Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:18:31 -0600
At 04:26 AM 7/28/2003 -0400, T wrote:

I think "economic" is an important word here.  And Tilman does have a way
with words!  I was playing some high-speed traditional fiddle music at a
jam last night, and I noticed that the fingers of my left hand were almost
not moving at all--they were almost in contact with the strings.  The point
of this, it seems to me, is that more movement will slow things down.  Of
course, the original question was not in the context of speed alone, but
that surely must be a consideration.

JB