From:
Patrick Frye III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:03:57 -0500

Hi all....

This year is starting out to be the WORST I have ever lived......may have a
light at the tunnel's end...I do not know...Searching for a new place to
live and battling diverticulosis.

All this talk of English accents reminds me of my first visit to France
after living in London for very close to five years.
I have spoken French since I was in grade school, and, granted I was wearing
one of those "Mister Humphries" 3-piece pin-stripe suits, BUT I recall quite
a few French thinking I was actually a Brit and not American.
Was it the dog collar with studs I wore, or the bowler hat?The banter on
Handel, J.C. Bach and the Stranglers and Pistols, the constant references to
the New Musical Express?... Or had I actually retained a tad of the London
toff" sound?

What a time that was--I relive it all again in a heartbeat!

Patrick Frye III
Composer/Performer/Teacher
Charlotte, North Carolina

.