From:
Doug Brooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:05:30 +1100
No, I think that might have been me.

The Perticis drawing shows a construction sequence in the wrong order:
base, sides, frame, soundboard:  instead of base, knees, frame, sides.  Call
me nitpicky but I think its important, fundamental, to get the frame in
before the sides.

The delin drawing shows the jacks have a hole through which a pin is
inserted to attach it to the bellcrank:  there is no observable way that the
jack can be detached or reattached without removing/inserting the pin.  So
voicing, damper adjustment, plectrum replacement are not possible within the
normal span of a human lifetime.  Delin uses a slot instead of a hole which
means that the jack can be tilted and withdrawn from the front of the
instrument, no need to get in behind and pull things apart.

doug

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:15:17 -0800, Jack Peters wrote:
> Let's not get into any kind of bashing of Ken's drawings.

I certianly was not bashing Lee's drawings - I have never seen one -
how could I.