From:
Rodney Myrvaagnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 23:57:35 +0400
> The endless repeatability of recordings is an insolubly un-historical
> fact of modern practice... perhaps there is an imperfect analogy
> between repeated playings of a piece intended for study or private
> recreation, and repeated listenings to a sufficiently deeply prepared
> and un-obvious recording.

Imperfect, but important, and thanks for saying it.

I learn a lot from hearing my wife working on music of her choice. She doesn't have the chops of Tilney, etc, but she has musical intelligence.

Rodney Myrvaagnes

Please send emails to
rodneym (AT) alumni (DOT) tufts (DOT) edu
with obvious corrections.