From:
Bill Jurgenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:41:51 +0100
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:55:04 -0500, Rodney Myrvaagnes wrote:
> Thank you Bill for a truly enjoyable post.

At an ADR Restorers meeting in Salzburg,  86  or 97, We - Peter Kukelka
and his wife, Kurt, Alfons Huber and another guy from the
Kunsthistorische in Vienna whose name has slipped my mind, there were a
couple more, including a girl from some museum I did not know at all.
Susanne W. and Bernhard von Tucher must have been along and Robert
Brown and his wife. The music instrument restorers group within the
ADR, now DRV,a member in CIMCIM, was not small and by no means limited
to keyboard people, but this particular group meeting centered around
the Salzburg piano maker Schmidt for whom the Carolinum had a special
exhibition. In the evening we went to a heurigen Lokal where Peter
Kulelka had reserved a table big enuf. Peter had a lot of stories to
tell as did his charming wife. It got late and the thinning group went
on to the next. And so on, ending up with Kurt and I bringing the girls
(that one I didn't know along with one, if I remember right, which Kurt
had "picked up") home in the wee hours of the morning. As usual.

Or Kurt and I walking cross the the main square in Bruges just before
sunrise, on the way to our hotel from the Handbogenhof where all the
usual suspects had been  -  and one by one disappeared.

In more recent years in Bruges, the "crowd" meets pratically every
evening, starting around 10PM at the Vermolen during the exhibition
week. But that is another story.