From:
Martin Usher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:32:42 -0800
 >That url is incomplete??

youTube had an outage yesterday due to some clumsy attempt by the
Pakistani government at blocking the site for "unIslamic" content. They
ordered their ISPs to divert youTube's address and that information
leaked out of their country and got everyone else. (A popular way to
block websites is to go after the Internet servers that turn
'albany.edu' into '169.226.1.110' by instructing them to return a
different address. Its not very effective but government types don't
hear too good, they just demand that "something must be done".)

Now, as for this jazz spinet. I was brought to to believe that nice
people don't allow the jacks to hit the rail -- if you disengaged the
jacks and played on a silent instrument you shouldn't be able to hear
yourself. Obviously tastes vary but I think the playing was awful.
Really awful. (Segueing into a Bach prelude at the end just added insult
to injury....)

Martin Usher