From:
Thomas Murach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 02:41:10 -0800
Hi again, back from lurking, dining, rambling (in the woods).

The 'journalist' must have been watching the planes flying overhead, as they do here, jetliners up high, Mirages at rooftop level, for the following day the concert appraisal readeth:

    Ms. Vanaeker played the architect quite beautifully at yesterdays recital.

Need I explain that she had, in fact, an archiluth (archlute = sorta theorbo, tho doubly &  not singly strung)  in her dainty and talented fingers?

Obligatory Harpsichord content: yesterday I glued in the SB in my new to be french double, 2x8 1x4 shove coupler, FF-f, taskinish, out-of fashion now I believe, if I understand the list's leanings lately.The only human constant is change...
Soon: I'll remove the clamps to discover if it goes 'Boom Boom' or CCrrk,Crrk!!

PS; SI = systéme internationale = metrique
FPS = feet per second.
and the whole world still uses a quaint 'thousandth of an inch' measurement, without knowing it perhaps, I refer to modern guitarists and their strings in .011" even the european manufacturers don't mention the metric equivalent.FWIW

Thomm

Here, have a laugh on me, or come and visit if you so wish;

http://www.ariata.fr