From:
Martin Usher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 21:39:27 -0800
 >If I get very rich one day I'll commission a musician who's willing to
record the weirdest pieces on harpsichord (Thomas)

I wouldn't go there.

Someone gave me a recording as a present a couple of years ago -- "The
Contemporary Harpsichord" (TROY668). It features pieces by a number of
modern composers and to my untrained ears its a bit like variations on
one of those youTube videos that have a cat playing a piano. You might
like to find a copy and see what you make of it. (I don't know what the
composers and performers honestly think of this stuff -- I prefer candid
assessments like the liner notes describing the recording of the
unfinished ballard "in two tableux" titled "Return of the Son of Monster
Magnet" which simply stated that "This is what happens when you let a
bunch of freaks loose in a studio full of rented percussion equipment at
three in the morning".)

Anybody familiar with this CD? ("Flame shields.....up!")

Martin Usher