From:
Thomas Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:07:45 +0100
My parents still have a pair of Wharfedale speakers from I think the
70s back at home - I wouldn't go so far as saying they are
'realistic', but they do a better job with LPs than any I've come
across (admittedly I have almost no experience of expensive audio),
don't soften the top end and don't spread the bass. Not to be to OT,
but those are a couple of prerequisites to get anywhere with listening
to harpsichord recording.
They had to be repaired a few years ago and the shop advised us
against buying anything new to replace them ... saying very little of
that quality is made nowadays.
~~~T~~~