From:
Vincent Ho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:32:35 -0700
I have set up a server that hosts the complete scores of Bach's works
(save from a few discoveries for the last fifty years or so), using scans
from the Bach-Gesellschaft.   This edition is considered public domain by
now.  I have been doing some tests and announced the website on a
couple fo small lists of baroque musician group and musicology.
The response is so far so good...with the exception of one musicology
student crashing his public library computer when tryint to download two
volumes of the BGA.

I think there are websites that hosts the scores too, here and there.  But
I figure that my site can give some people another option.

Everything in the site can be downloaded.  With the excpetion of Volume 44
(525MB), every volume is between the downloadable size of 16MB to around
35MB.  I am also working on a BWV-BGA index so that it is easier for one
to look for a particular score from a particular work.

Feel free to comment here, and let me know what you think about this
project.  If this goes well I may go ahead and set it up with a more
appropriate website name, but for now it is still in construction.  All
scores are already there, with a general BGA-Title index, but if you have
an extenive index yoruself, it should be very useful.  I will not suggest
anyone to download the entire edition, it will take an entire day, even
with a good DSL connection, plus it will probably kill my own bandwidth.

http://bach-gesellschaft.cygoth.com

--
Vincent B. Ho  [log in to unmask]