From:
Nicholas Bunning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:51:19 -0500

This month i am schlepping the Colmar job with its silver legs...  as
well as  a clavichord and virginal over to a Catholic School (of which
I am a board member) to give a lecture demo thing.  The pupils are
great....  and all black  and aged 5-11  Someone (the school's
priest)  suggested that I play something by Chavalier de Saint-
Georges.  apaprently he was a black harpsichordist in an eighteenth
century french court??  Anyone know where i can get something thats
playable on the harpsichord ..  hes dates seem a little late....
maybe more fortepiano?   -   anyway  harpsichord will have to do,  as
I'm not draggin a piano there too.
I think  a bit of Bach on the clavichord, and something Elizabethan on
the virignals...

Does anyone know of any other stuff that might be good for em to
hear.....  i dont think I can keep the dog-and-pony show going for too
long...  maybe 20 minutes.  (I don't think kids can focus on anything
heavy for too long  anyway.  I think they'll find the harpsichord a
lil fascinating with all the horses, monkeys, and masks all over
it.    Who knows..... maybe one kid will have his/her life enriched by
this lil event..

Any suggestions really welcomed.... and if anyone has any leads on
some printed music by this Saint-Georges guy I'd be grateful.  Sadly i
need it yesterday.