From:
Ben Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:53:45 -0600
It isn't very new.  I played it a few years ago.  It went very well.
The piece is originally for violin & chamber orchestra, and Schnittke
transcribed it for 'violin & piano or harpsichord'.  The keyboard part
looks more like a piano part than a harpsichord part...crescendos
everywhere, lots of slurs, etc.  However, it works nicely with
harpsichord.  We ended up adding a cellist to the double the harpsichord
bass...it added a bit more presence and sustaining power.

Hope this helps,
Ben Carlisle